From legacy solutions to the newest and most hyped, many IT monitoring solutions present one or more of these integration fault lines.
Here are the 7 signs of disconnected monitoring:
- Inability or constraints in monitoring newer technologies (ex.: cloud, edge, SD-WAN)
- An assortment of asset-dedicated tools is needed to cover the full IT environment (causing the infamous tool sprawl)
- Costly and cumbersome integration with other ITOps tools
- Low or no capability to support IT automation
- Time and resource intensive implementation processes
- Slow adaptation to tech or environment evolution
- No clear roadmap or leadership in evolving the monitoring platform
If you’re experiencing some of the issues of disconnected monitoring, check out this research, and prepare a list of key questions to ask your current IT monitoring solution provider or those that top your procurement list.