Maintaining the productivity of telecommuting employees is a major challenge. While this new way of working has helped maintain business continuity during the COVID-19 pandemic, organizations are now seeking ways to retain a proven model that meets employees’ expectations!
According to JLL’s 2022 Employee Preference Barometer, 60% of office workers worldwide want to work in hybrid mode. Nearly 7 out of 10 office workers believe that hybrid work will be fundamental to retain talents in the future. The biggest supporters of hybrid work are managers (75%), generation Z (73%), generation Y (67%). Given the current struggle to attract talent and the difficulties in recruiting, organizations have no choice but to embrace the hybrid work model.
Meeting the productivity challenge
Whether at the office or at home, productivity is essential, yet it is more difficult to guarantee remotely. Beyond the employee’s exposure to the risk of distractions at home, or the lack of routine and structure, the key point of productivity is above all the digital experience offered to teams. Six factors are likely to affect productivity when employees work from home:
- SaaS applications latency
- Processing delays generated by SASE (Secure Access Service Edge) / CASB (Cloud Access Security Broker) and secure cloud gateways,
- Hybrid network performance,
- Browser performance and web application caching,
- Data transfer times from the application to the user,
- Server performance.
Solving IT performance problems in telecommuting
Before trying to improve application response times, to limit the latency induced by SASE or by the use of CASB, you must also question the connectivity of the employee at home or optimize the redirections according to their geographical location.
If the levers of action are known, you still need to identify the causes of productivity degradation. To achieve this, you must rely on your ability to monitor all the parameters that make up and condition the employee’s digital experience. Whether it’s user performance, equipment performance, network performance, cloud performance or application performance, by managing performance globally, you’ll get the best results!
To Go Further
- Employee experience is the key to productivity in hybrid organizations. With its DEM (Digital Experience Monitoring) extension, Centreon allows you to extend the visibility on your IT. To learn more watch this on-demand webinar: Optimize SaaS Application Performance with DEM.
- Would you like to discuss with our experts? Ask us for a meeting or a demo.
- To keep informed about Centreon news or events, subscribe to our monthly newsletter.