Every month, Centreon extends its connector catalog (a.k.a. monitoring packs or Plugin Packs) and implements new ones, allowing you to connect your IT monitoring with more ITOps tools. The result: increased visibility and business observability capabilities. We also offer enhancements and fixes on existing connectors.
Here is the latest news on your best allies: our monitoring connectors!
5 New monitoring connectors
There are five new monitoring packs to discover this month.
- Azure Policies States: Use this connector to monitor the compliance status of Azure policies.
- Control-M Rest API: Use this new pack to monitor jobs in the Control-M job scheduler using the REST API.
- Riello UPS SNMP: Use this pack to monitor the status of the battery, alarms, power source metrics and output lines for this UPS.
- Oracle Universal Connection Pool: This Java-based tool allows reusing connections by caching connection objects to the database. This Plugin Pack monitors the usage of each connection pool and helps you deploy monitoring through an Auto-Discovery rule. As the name of the pack indicates, the objects are monitored using a JMX agent.
- Western Digital NAS: Use this connector to discover volumes and monitor their use and the status of the equipment.
The following connectors were enhanced this month:
- Azure Discover: This connector has been enriched to discover all Azure instance types supported by Centreon and more Azure instance types can now be managed.
- CheckPoint firewall: This connector monitors CheckPoint gateways. A new disk service template has been added.
- Cisco WLC: This connector discovers network interfaces and monitors bandwidth usage. A new access points discovery rule has been added.
- UPS Standard: Thresholds for alarm services on UPS monitoring were added.
- VMware ESX: New attributes were added to the host discovery provider (ip_management and ip_vmotion) and some attribute types were corrected.
- Alcatel Omniswitch: This connector discovers network interfaces and monitors switch status and usage. The interface control service model was refreshed.
- Azure SQL Database: The Centreon Azure SQL Database Plugin Pack includes a host discovery provider called Microsoft Azure SQL Databases. It discovers all instances attached to a given Microsoft Azure subscription. Extra options were added to the template to customize the status check associated with the database. The template defines the health of the database.
- Dell PowerStore Rest API: This connector controls your Dell PowerStore equipment. Memory control was added.
Bug fixes and major changes
- Centreon SQL Metrics: Partitioning mode was corrected.
- Kubernetes API: Node discovery was fixed.
- Jenkins API: Name of the service was changed, and options were rehauled.
You can find the complete release notes here.
See you next month for more new features!