Every month, Centreon extends its catalog of Plugin Packs and implements new connectors to allow you to connect your monitoring with ITOps tools. The result: more visibility and observability capabilities. We also offer enhancements and fixes on existing Plugin Packs.
Here is our latest news on your best allies: the Plugin Packs!
New Plugin Packs of the Month
As you may have noticed, summer’s been quiet and for a good reason: we decided to use that time to introduce some structural changes to the overall packs ecosystem:
- Migration of the documentation to the new format
- Harmonization of logos
- Addition of tags
We are aware that there is still work to be done on the documentation. We are open to all contributions!
The logos and tags will make it easy to search for a Plugin Pack from the new page of our website, which then includes a link to the documentation.
Connect to online status APIs to see the status of your collaborative tools and services in real time. This is helpful to let users know where the problem lies (internal or service provider):
Reorganize your JVM monitoring to match your application architecture and your needs. Whether you retrieve your metrics through the JMX and Jolokia API or through a Springboot Actuator module, a Plugin Pack is available for each use:
New in the networking area:
- Security side, you can monitor the number of connections and the status of your Fortinet Fortiweb application firewall services.
- Access side, the Ubiquiti range now has its own monitoring Plugin Packs, one for Wifi (UniFi) and one for routing (EdgeRouter).
- Hardware side, our community has allowed us to develop Plugins and Packs for the Barco CS range (Clickshare) so that your equipment which allows wireless, fluid presentations is always monitored.
Industrial equipment is also present in this batch, with the addition of indicators for the Supermicro BMC (Board Management Controller).
Finally, on the cloud and application front, there are new Azure possibilities with the support of a new StorageSync service.
Also, the first milestones for monitoring the operation of the secrets management solution (passwords, tokens, etc.) HashiCorp. Soon, our plugins will cover the use of a safe. Stay tuned 😉
This past summer’s improvements and fixes
Warning: special care required
To improve some plugins and repackage more simply some packs, some Plugin Packs updates need extra care (to synchronize the update of plugins and packs optimally):
- Netapp Ontap SNMP: aggregate service threshold names are modified, make sure you validate that your alert thresholds are still active after the update.
- Google Workspace: it replaces the Google G Suite following the change of API and data format operated by Google. We recommend creating a new host and to discover the services through it.
- Tomcat JMX: some options names are changing due to code modernization, be careful to synchronize pack and plugin update.
If you use one of these packages, update to get the latest fixes:
- Azure SQL Managed Instance
- Azure AppService
- Palo Alto
- VMWare ESX
Controls and monitoring points:
- Netapp Ontap SNMP, added monitoring of plexes and cluster nodes
- Stormshield, updated logos and added advanced memory monitoring
- Management of mysqld and mariadb processes for the monitoring of Centreon servers
- Added Capacity mode for Azure Management API
- Added virtual stacks monitoring on Aruba AOS-CX
- Management of the chronyd process in addition to ntpd for monitoring time synchronization processes on Centreon servers
Device and indicator discovery:
- SNMP discovery based on SNMPv3 authentication options is now available
- Amazon EC2 discovery now only returns instances started at scan time
- Added Services discovery rules for AIX, Juniper SSG, Lenovo Iomega, Dell ME4
Want to help us or suggest improvements? Join us on GitHub 💥 and add a star ⭐