Strategic recruitment, technological and business innovations, new partnerships, launch of UK operations: although marked by an epidemic, 2020 was a year of expansion for Centreon. 2021’s outlook for growth is still as exciting, despite the uncertain context, with full SaaS extension.
Paris & Toronto, February 03, 2021 – Today Centreon, a trusted global provider of business-aware IT monitoring for always-on operations and performance excellence, unveiled its 2020 end-of-year results and prospects for 2021 and beyond.
2020: a year of intense activity at Centreon
Growth and recognition
- An average growth of +31% over the last 4 years and a growth of nearly 6% in 2020 despite the pandemic.
- Recognized as a growth champion by Les Echos, for the third consecutive year.
- 151 new customers (twice as many as in 2019) including 60 international customers, bringing the total number of corporate accounts to 720.
- 4,000 activations of its entry-level solution Centreon IT Edition-100.
Recruiting and remote onboarding
- 25% growth in number of employees, cross-department as well as internationally.
- Implementation of innovative, remote onboarding for new employees and partners everywhere business.
Technological and business innovations
- Centreon 20.04 introduced a large number of innovations: AIOps features, Cloud architecture, diagnostics made easier and new mobile application, anomaly detection and predictive monitoring.
- Unveiling of 100 new ready-to-use IT monitoring connectors (Plugin Packs) bringing the available library to over 500 connectors.
- New packaging of solutions with Centreon IT Edition and Centreon Business Edition.
- Launch of a new edition for MSPs: Centreon MSP Edition.
- Launch of Centreon IT Edition-100, the forever free IT monitoring offer for 100 hosts or less, for small and medium businesses I&O. Over 4,000 businesses worldwide have already set it up.
International takeoff through partnerships
- Launch of the new Partner Program: Centreon ON.
- 12 new partners enlisted to cover seven new countries: Chile, Brazil, Hong Kong, Singapore, Spain, Austria and Mexico.
- Launch of UK operations.
2021: growth, expansion and innovation.
According to 600 American and European I&O managers, infrastructure monitoring will be their priority in terms of investment and recruitment in the coming years, as outlined by Vanson Bourne’s exclusive study for Centreon (*) As a reminder, Gartner has stated that the IT operations market will reach $49 billion by 2024 with a growth of nearly 10% every year (**).
In 2021, a new, fully SaaS deployment model will provide customers with even more deployment options, On-Premise, SaaS and Hybrid. Initially this SaaS solution will be available on a limited basis with a Controlled Release.
Centreon will unveil a new e-commerce site in the first quarter, making the best of IT monitoring available to a wider audience. Initially, only Centreon IT Edition 125 and 250 software solutions – monitoring up to 125 and 250 devices respectively – will be available for purchase online, followed by other software solutions and services at a later point.
Centreon will also consolidate its position as the most connected IT monitoring platform by further developing its library of connectors (currently over 500). This will help further meet the need for IT monitoring tool interoperability, which is the main cause of dissatisfaction for I&O Departments in the area (*).
In 2021, Centreon will also continue to demonstrate its superiority, as the solution with the best Total Cost of Ownership in the IT monitoring space.
Furthermore, Centreon will continue growing internationally by consolidating partnerships, notably in North America and in Europe: the Centreon Academy for Partners will be launched to boost recruiting and facilitate onboarding for 30 new partners.
As Julien Mathis and Romain Le Merlus, Co-CEOs, state: “2021 and 2022 will be all about economic rebound and sector consolidation by the players who have been able to withstand the crisis. Centreon is set to be among the market consolidators and will be looking out for acquisition opportunities and financing solutions arising.”
(*) Source: State of IT Monitoring 2021-2023
(**) Source: Gartner – Forecast: Enterprise Infrastructure Software, Worldwide, 2018-2024, 3Q20 Update
Centreon is a global provider of business-aware IT monitoring for always-on operations and performance excellence. The company’s AIOps-ready, business-aware IT monitoring platform is renowned for its unique ability to monitor today’s complex and converging infrastructures, from Cloud-to-Edge. Privately held, Centreon was founded in 2005 with roots in open source software. The company continues to steward a dynamic open source framework and a growing, vibrant global community of 200,000. Today, Centreon is trusted by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of public and private sectors. Its head offices are located in Paris and Toronto, with sales offices in Geneva, Luxembourg and Toulouse.
For more information, visit www.centreon.com.