With its unique technological expertise, Pixagility helps European and African broadcasters enhance video content for their audiences. Pixagility uses Centreon EMS to provide seamless video broadcast experiences – from infrastructure to viewers’ screens.
PIXAGILITY: an innovative multiservice video platform that supports broadcasters in enhancing the value of video contents
Founded in 2009, France-based Pixagility provides technical audiovisual expertise to major national and regional broadcasters in Europe and Africa through four broad service areas.
- Hosting services for TV channels (specialized or local), through providing the necessary broadcasting infrastructure;
- Content preparation enabling TV channels such as France TV group to extend the shelf life of video content through replay broadcasting for 125% of the total duration of the media.
- Aggregation of broadcast content pulled from a selection of telecom operators, allowing for bundled packages (notably for France 2 International).
- Editorial animated content for broadcasting groups such as Altice (SFR Sports) or Bein Sport to whom Pixagility provides information that facilitates the consumption of their content.
With its unique technological expertise, Pixagility helps European and African broadcasters enhance video content for their audiences. Considering that even the slightest lag will be immediately detected in live or replay broadcast, Pixagility depends on highly specialized IT infrastructure to provide the quality of service broadcasters and viewers expect. Pixagility needed to find and deploy a holistic monitoring solution that could both fail proof and future proof IT monitoring for their video production chain, keystone of the viewer experience. After some trials and errors, Pixagility selected Centreon, working closely with their teams to build and deploy the flexible and scalable monitoring system they needed. This improved their system’s reliability and now guides the Pixagility IT team in their day-to-day efforts to prevent and fix the issues that affect viewer experiences.
Leveraging the Centreon EMS’ dashboards and cockpits, they cut through the alert chase and instantly get to the most relevant, up-to-date information. The added efficiency and visibility keep the team connected and focused, boosting proactivity, and in turn the customer experience. Pixagility’s management also benefit from Centreon EMS’ robust analytic tools. In this digital age, a broad view of the entire IT system equals a deep, insight-rich view into the business, which can be actioned into sharp decision-making.
“As a digital company, we’re confronted with two major issues: real time and continuity of service. Broadcasting content is an instantaneous, non-stop activity. The most discreet anomaly will be noticeable on the viewer’s screen in mere seconds. Our initial goal was finding a monitoring solution adapted to the very specific nature and needs of our business. We also wanted a solution that would make us more proactive and future ready as we face a permanent evolution of our IT landscape and exponential growth for the company.” – Explains Michael Benhamou, Pixagility’s technical director.
Challenges: Transitioning to Centreon EMS: from alert blind to business-aware
- Live or replayed, broadcasting video is the ultimate real-time experience and requires extreme agility and responsiveness; yet teams lacked a real-time access to the crucial vital signs and visibility into the entire production chain.
- Rapid growth of the company made it difficult to seamlessly connect and maintain a holistic view on the video production chain infrastructure.
- Constantly evolving technology and industry needs made it difficult to future-proof IT investments.
- Alert fatigue was getting at the team, a cluttered solution made it difficult to focus on what was immediately important.
- Teams were not as proactive and responsive as they felt they could be given the right means.
- Fresh means and resources were needed to manage and mitigate operational risks.
“We purposely cut down through the clutter of alerts and indicators to focus on the most critical elements of our IT. Getting only the essential information means we stay focused and efficient.”
The main benefits:
- Real time, holistic view of the entire production chain’s infrastructure
- Real-time ability to predict peak loads and respond adequately to sustain service
- IT teams are guided and supported in their daily tasks – increased engagement and focus
- Decision-making is now based on actual facts and data
- Significantly improved risk management and investment decisions capabilities
“We’ve reached our initial objective to support our daily operations with a flexible, scalable monitoring solution that can provide precisely the information we need. We now have the means to be more proactive, to optimize our infrastructure, and therefore to better manage risk.”
For more information, read the full story.
Tags : Centreon Business Edition