Europe’s digital performance monitoring leader reaches 980 customers and a 57% increase in software subscriptions
Paris, July 21, 2023 – Centreon, A leader in digital performance monitoring, accelerated its growth momentum in the first half of 2023, generating positive results across several key indicators.
Key figures for the first half of 2023
Compared with the first half of 2022, Centreon reports:
- Overall revenue growth of 27%.
- A 57% increase in software subscriptions from new customers, notably with the first Centreon Cloud sales.
- A 46% increase in international revenue, taking the international share of sales to 23%
- 58 new customers, including DHL and Krys, bringing the total number of customers to 980.
- Addition of 6 new partners, bringing the total number of Centreon partners to 91.
In the first half of the year, demand for Centreon IT monitoring solutions continued to grow, particularly in the IoT and Smart Cities sectors, as well as among MSPs.
The Centreon’ON partner program also continued its expansion, welcoming 6 new VARs and SI partners in the first half of 2023, bringing the total number of Centreon partners to 91.
Over the same period, Centreon also added 13 new MSP partners. Today, 113 MSPs integrate Centreon’s observability platform within their managed services offering.
The first half of 2023 was also marked by:
- General Availability of the Centreon Cloud offering.
- Opening of a Centreon Cloud AWS hosting zone in North America.
- Launching version 23.04 of the Centreon platform.
- Centreon named “Leader Winter 2023” by G2.
- Centreon’s entry in the French TECH500 ranking.
- Centreon takes part in the AWS Summits in Madrid and Milan.
- Appointment of Charlotte Warchol as Chief Customer Success Officer.
Julien Mathis, CEO of Centreon comments: “I’m very pleased with the positive momentum Centreon created in the first half of 2023. Our double-digit growth strengthens our position as European leader in our market. This is also an important quarter for innovation at Centreon, with the first customers deploying our SaaS offering, Centreon Cloud. I would like to thank our customers, partners, employees and The Watch community for an outstanding half year, which reflects our passion for excellence and innovation.”
A leader in digital performance monitoring, Centreon has been developing a unique expertise in monitoring infrastructure, networks, and digital user experience since 2005. A thousand clients – public organizations, enterprises, and MSPs worldwide, an extended network of 91 partners, and 250,000 users in 60 countries, count on Centreon every day. With a 160-people team working from five different countries, Centreon posts a 35% average yearly growth. For more information, visit www.centreon.com.